<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Fri was good. Cos it was Good Friday.
I got woken up by my alarm at 8am but I slept till 9+
Heng my sis woke me up when she walked into my room.
If not I cfm go on till 1pm den wake up.

I realised Cathay too inflexible already.. Cannot book tickets thru phone, cannot book tickets thru Axs machine. Only got like 3 cineplexes...
So I went down to town at 9+ to go buy our tix for e outing at 4pm.

I heard Orchard MRT got this amazing 24-hour ticket dispenser by Cathay. So I went to try it out.
But the funny thing is..
1st: Select show
2nd: Select timing
3rd: Select seats
Where's the "Select cineplex"?
Later I kanna allocated causeway point how??

Heck. I walked over to Somerset.. not a very long walk anyway.
Its just past Taka, Ngee Ann and Mandarin Hotel only.

I managed to get the 5th and 6th row. Not bad alr. Half the cinema was already gone by last night.
I think its amazing enough to get the 5th and 6th row.
Cos by 12:30pm I checked back again. Whole theatre bought down. Including the 1st and 2nd row.
Heng I went down early ar.

So.. after estimating the time needed for people to come late, I arranged to meet up 45 min early.
Considering we entered the theatre exactly on time, 45 min was actually an accurate gauge lol.


Movie 1: Mr Bean's Holiday

One word, 4 letters to describe the movie: Diao.
And two words, 11 letters to add on: Where's Teddy?
Yep. The most commonly asked question on every forum.
Honestly the movie is not as funny as most of Mr Bean's shows used to be.
Most of the laughter just rose barely and subsided.
This is also the last show that the character 'Mr Bean' will be starring in.
Aw. Wad a bad end to Bean.

Still. It should be deserving enough to watch the last movie of Bean.
And if you have watched it, and you want the song from the credits and the chicken chase..
I do have it =))
Amazing song finding skills lol. Get the song from me directly if you want.
Its called 'Crash' by Matt Willis.
And I believe its one of the only English songs in the movie.
The rest are French I believe. The movie doesn't even have an official soundtrack release. Either that.. Or I can't seem to find it.



After that was dinner.
Nowhere fancy. Cos someone was desperate for food already.. So we jumped at anywhere with seats. And we went to the food court.
Every stall looks the same at every food court. Kinda boring.


A while later...

"Let's go take neoprints!"
"No, lets play cards instead. Why don't you all continue chatting?"
"Neoprints!"
"Ok ok fine.. one last game of bridge."

We found ourselves at the neoprints shop.
So in case you all are still wondering who I actually went out with, here goes:



Haha. Acrodia. Our last outing was aeons ago.
I am not organising the next one. I might be too busy to in the future.
And too lazy too. Lol. Someone organise the next one okie?


After the neoprints, we all went up to the arcade.
Spammed game after game of Air Hockey. We had a lot of people watching us(the 4 guys) play. Cos our white discs were practically flying off the table lol. Too violent alr. And the game was super fast and intense. You see.. the best way to play that game is to apply the maximum force you can on the disc so they move at the fastest speed. Bear with me for a moment here =)
Force
= rate of change of momentum(over time)
= mass X rate of change of velocity(over time)
since mass is a constant, the higher the change of velocity over time, the higher the force exerted on the white disc

Conclusion: Hit the disc at super fast speeds. Dun need much force de. Just need speed.

The guys played 2 games, den I teamed up with poh sin to play against veron and kejia.
Poh sin too gentle alr =X
And I think I am too violent. Lol.

Den the guys played 1 more extreme game.
The score reached 8-8 and we reached final play. Lol.
Super tense sia.
After some flying back and forth, I zham-ed the last disc at superspeed into the goal.
Lol. The speed of the thing was incredible. < 1 second and it was gone.


Movie 2: Number 23


I dunno how we all got convinced to watch a 9pm show, considering how late it was running. But we went on anyway. The movie psychos people. And it really gets your mind to start calculating every single alphabet and number lol!
My number is 24. I am convinced =)
Lol.
It was a thriller. But thrillers aren't thrilling to me. Maybe cos I can handle all the blood scenes and gore quite well. Silent Hill was more thrilling than this one. Depends what you view as thrilling I guess. A few suicide and murder scenes and blood here and there isn't as thrilling to me.
I wanna watch 300. I heard its more 'thrilling' =X
I ain't a very violent-seeking person ok. But then some movies to scare yourself once in a while would er.. keep oneself active.

Everyone chiong-ed home after that.
I guess most of the people went beyond their curfews le.
Cos it was 11:30pm when we left.
My curfew is till the time my mom finds out I am not at home =X
Shhh. Don't tell her. Lol. I am a good boy =)

I met quite a few people today also. Met Johnson just before dinner. Met Zi Tao at the arcade. Haven't seen em in ages. I saw some other AJ people too. But I didn't know them personally. Who said the world was big?

Wanted to watch 300 which had finished downloading when I reached home.
But OMG ARGH it was in Russian!
Had to re-dl the whole thing in English.
Darn. That's gonna take ages again.
Oh well. I can't understand Russian without subtitles.
Next time better check the language before dl-ing.

Alright. That's it for now then.
I know I only got one photo cos I am too lazy to upload them. Wait a min. Actually I don't have any photos.
If you wanna see more photos, poh sin's blog has quite a few.
She uses pics more than words.
Cos a picture speaks a thousand words.
Since I got no photos, I will have to use a thousand words to make up for the pic.
Happy reading lol, if you reached this point that is.

Labels:

My mind's unweaving/ 1:47 AM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012