Sunday, April 29, 2007
I just finished watching 'Bowling in Columbine' yesterday. And I highly recommend everyone to watch it.
Yet another movie by Michael Moore. Just as thought-inspiring in terms of the revelation of truth as any other documentaries such as 'An Inconvenient Truth'.
Although the truth is quite subjective in recent days, with all the conspiracies going on, every negative thing going on still seems to be directed at the United States of America.
To quickly evaluate 'Bowling in Columbine', the movie is about the number of shootings occuring in the U.S. and the debate why Americans are so much more prone to shooting their own people than other countries.
And the common topic? Shootings occuring in schools.
I don't have to point out that the latest shooting that occured in a school was also in the U.S. -though it was done by a Korean instead of an American. But don't we all notice that all the shootings in schools occured in America? In fact, the youngest person ever to kill another person with a gun was only 6 years old. Yes. SIX years old. The boy shot his classmate with a gun - a gun which he found in his uncle's house and which he brought to school. The girl died. A mere six-year old girl. Maybe the boy thought it was only a toy. And like all toys, it would produce a harmless 'bang' sound and that was it. But this was a real gun, a loaded one. How can people just simply have guns lying around?
Oh. Just for comparison, the average number of people who die under a gun every year are as follows.
In Germany, 381. In France, 255. In Canada, 165. In the U.K., 68. In Australia, 65. In Japan, 39.
In the U.S.? 11,127. Seriously, don't you realise there's something wrong with this country?
In the whole of American history, the Americans have lived in fear.
They are afraid of everything. Practically everything. In fact, the Bush administration has pumped much more fear into the hearts of the Americans.
I must disclaim that I am anti-Bush before I carry on, because I will be making quite a few comments against Bush.
After all the information I have taken in, I believe that Bush took over the presidency with underhand methods. Yes, you could say that I might have been brainwashed by conspiracy videos, but as I said, the truth is subjective nowadays. Noone can say who is right and who is wrong because noone knows. But, what I hold are what I believe in.
Another thing I believe in is that the World Trade Center incident, aka 9/11, was a stage perfomance held by the Bush administration itself, at the expense of 3,000 lives, with the purpose of pumping more fear into Americans. How can the most powerful country in the world possibly be so afraid of every minor thing?
George Lucas could have seen this all along. In the epsiodes of Star Wars, he wrote: Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to Pain and sufferings. Pain and sufferings lead to the Dark side.
Forget the Dark Side. Let's look at the first and second lines.
How much anger is in the hearts of the Americans? How much anger can prompt people to shoot their own people? How much pain and sufferings are the families of the victims going through?
One day, you should take a look at what the Americans watch in their news. Deaths, murders, crimes, crimes and more crimes. Violence. The belief that there is something to be constantly afraid of is in most of them.
When Michael Moore interviewed an American, he said that he was constantly afraid of people committing crimes that will affect him directly. He felt that everyone else was dangerous.
Look at the Canadians. Most of the people interviewed said they did not lock their doors. When asked why, they said: Why is there a need to?
Some of them were even robbed before due to this, but still, they kept their doors opened. They believed that it was safe. It was a safe environment.
But the Americans? They locked their doors up so tight, yet they still keep guns under their pillows, ready to shoot anything that moves in the night.
Can you believe how much fear are in those people?
The U.S. are also always interfering when other countries have a war. What has it got to do with them anyway? Whoever that fights in this world, its something the U.S. has to take care of. Is it for their own benefits? Or is it simply to shoot anyone that can threaten them and make them afraid?
There's something really wrong with that country and its administration. Yes. I applaud the day when the country celebrates a new administration and a change to it. Its viewed as the most powerful nation in the world. But yet, it is not. Internally, its a disaster. The next generation of Americans need to learn to open themselves up to the people around them. Its the fear of crimes in them that is causing the crimes in the first place.
Sigh. Pity, pity. A country going to waste for all the internal problems it is facing. Still, their administration seems to be more interesting in bombing Iraq than anything.
"For everything a country can do, this one is falling into itself."Labels: movie/documentary, special articles
My mind's unweaving/ 9:50 PM