Tuesday, September 07, 2010
I was reading a book in the library today. It wasn't cos I was being uber hardworking. It was cos I was self-studying my PhD in stoning(It only took me 3 weeks in SMU to earn my degree) while waiting for my LTB group meeting at 6.
The book was titled 'Adventures of an IT Leader' by dunno who and there was this particular quote from the book that really had a great impact on me today.
It was called the Parkingson's Law. And Parkingson's Law states that
Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.Give this sentence a thought and decide what it means to you. Explanation of the law is below this line:
What this quote means is that if we were given a deadline of 3 days for a particular task, we would take 3 days to finish it. If we were given a deadline of 3 weeks for another task, we would take 3 weeks to finish it.
It was a stark reminder to me on time management. How true this law is! And how procastination has affected my life so! I hope this law can help serve as a constant reminder to everyone on spending time wisely. I really hope so.
And I realised that no matter how hard I tried, I still ended up tearing myself apart. How can I live with this? Why must this be a part of me? The castle...
My mind's unweaving/ 10:22 PM