Thursday, November 19, 2009
I gotta admit, I never felt so sick of camp before.
It was a Sunday when I booked into camp, and it was the next next Monday when I went for nights out. And it was only on Thursday when I booked out. 11 days spent in camp. I almost died internally of depression. Kay.
So I went to eat at Ding Tai Fung today. Originally my sis told me that she planned to bring my mom and godma to visit Ion Orchard. And that lunch was Ding Tai Fung. At first I thought we were going to Orchard to eat Ding Tai Fung. There's one at Wisma after all. But later, I found out that we were eating lunch first at Bishan before heading down to Orchard. That made everything totally different.
It wasn't going to be the first time I am eating at Ding Tai Fung in Bishan. From my experience, the food was terrible. But that was many years ago. I chanced upon the chance that they might have changed the cook some time in the last few years.
Oh boy. I was right. They changed for an even terrible cook. I reached there quite late cos of work matters tying me down. By the time I reached, everyone else had empty plates in front of them, so I decided to just pick up the menu and take the chef's recommendation.
I went for beef noodles at first, but they said they didn't have beef noodles. That was odd initially because I ordered the beef noodles without beef(Yes that option exists. I ain't joking). How hard was it to get the ingredients for beefless noodles? Ok so I thought nvm. I will take the other recommendation, which was chicken noodles.
When the noodles came, I thought it looked unappealing. Naturally, I started off by trying the soup first. The soup base was worse than the cup noodles I had in camp.
Then I tried the noodles. They were stiff and tasteless. Then I tried the chicken. It was rancid and tasted disgusting.
And that is the
Chef's recommendation from Ding Tai Fung. Well done.
I swear I am never going back to that Ding Tai Fung ever again, and I strongly recommend everyone who read this to do the same. I cannot believe any restaurant of this status would serve food like this.
My rating: 0 out of 10. Simply pathetic.
My mind's unweaving/ 9:05 PM