Saturday, October 31, 2009
The other day, just as I was going home on Friday, a middle-aged man engaged conversation with me. It was apparent that I was serving NS due to my green SAF assault bag. He said he was a retired major from 3 Guards - not that it meant anything to me anyway. He asked me about school, NS, and finally if i was a Christian.
It didn't feel right one bit. Not anyone on the street would just ask you about your background information. That was when he began to say that my belief wasn't 'perfect' and how it would land me in Hell instead of Heaven.
He began to talk about Jesus and his guidance. Oh boy. Here it goes again. I wonder who was the one out there to decide which religion will bring them salvation in the afterlife.
In my opinion, this doesn't matter one bit. Hey, I have nothing against Christianity but I don't deny I am prejudiced against people who force their religion down the throat of others. People each have their beliefs. Respect that man.
And so he throttled me for about 10 minutes before I decided that was it. I told him to respect the fact that I didn't want to listen to him and he told me I should respect seniors and that he had every right to say what he wanted. Oh boy. And I just walked away. It was a terrible Friday already. I woke up at 4am and never stopped doing work till 8pm. Felt like torture.
I found out that the SMU matriculation session wasn't a tea session like I thought it was. It was a registration exercise to register as an SMU student!
Ah. And the date happened to so unfortunately be 14 November.
Day 2 of my final evaluation exercise. I am so going to miss it.
My biggest wish for this year is a peaceful exercise. May we rock on to the very end!
My mind's unweaving/ 10:35 PM