Monday, September 14, 2009
I am having a long 6-day break at the moment. Love the reward from working for AOH. Next week will be one busy week though.
Went to play L4D at Paradiz with the peeps on Fri. We finally - I emphasize - FINALLY completed No Mercy on Expert difficulty. The last time we tried, we took 4 hours(rough estimation) and yet we failed to complete it on Expert level! The end statistics came up to around 13,000 damage taken per person on average and 42 restarts. Quite funny since we only have 100 hp anyway lol. Wonder how many deaths were counted on the team?
This time, it only took us 1 hour 40 minutes and 12 restarts before we cleared it on Expert level. Attributed to the discovery of the best safe spot at the final level, a lot of luck, and the stupidest AI Tank ever. We cleared the final level with just 2 tries. It was particularly the 3rd level that took up all our time.
Whew. So that only leaves clearing Blood Harvest on Expert level. I suspect it will be pretty easy. The only concern there will be evading the Tank at the final stage.
I watched
Inglorius Basterds on Saturday and 9 on Sunday.
Inglorius Basterds isn't out in theatres yet, but its coming soon. Its worth it to watch it on weekdays when ticket prices are $6~$6.50. The storyline is good, but otherwise the movie feels like it was filmed in 1990 with a 1990 film set. The story is featured in 1944 during WWII but it doesn't justify the poor digital effects in the movie. If you are wondering where the producer is from, I believe he's from Italy, since the cast introduction was written in the Friulian language.I just found out the movie I watched wasn't Inglorius Basterds and was another movie called Quel maledetto treno blindato filmed in 1978. Its good though. The movie streaming site I found messed up the titles. Lol. It just got shut down today though. Too bad huh.
9 turned out to be disappointing though. I was expecting more from a film produced by Tim Burton, since Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride were definitely filmworthy.
In 9, the progress of the storyline was terrible. It was as if the scriptwriter was trying to create a story out of a story. You will understand what I mean after watching it. Don't watch this on a weekend. That's for sure. If you are prioritizing films to watch, don't even watch this on a weekday. Unless you got free tickets and spare time. Its THAT bad.
Watched Blood Ties on Monday! You have to watch this!! Its a Singapore film and its really good! Definitely beats Jack Neo's films upside down. Lol.
The flow of the film is a litte confusing though. But rest assured its worth the watch!
My mind's unweaving/ 2:28 AM