Monday, August 31, 2009
Here I am, writing an entry on the 1st of September, at 2335 for an entry that will appear to be posted on the 31st August, 2359.
It is evidence of how lazy I really am. Its cause I was at home last night, on the 31st of August and yet I couldn't bring myself to write something to save a slot for August. Lol. Terrible eh.
Life's been very lull for quite some time. Ever since National Day and Army Half Marathon(which I didn't even run cos of duty), I haven't been doing much except eat and sleep and everything except exercise. I swear, I am getting fat. By weight I am still 58.4kg, considered to be almost underweight in terms of BMI, but by my perspective, I notice that my tummy seems to be much bigger than what it was. Oh boy, I really got to exercise on my own free will.
Countdown timer reads 159 more days. Its ticking ever so slowly. I can't wait for the last 99 days countdown. Anyway I got the timer converted and uploaded after some cells in my brain shouted: 'DO SOMETHING!'
Its now at my files storage at
http://laixinchu.googlepages.com/ORDCountdowntimer.zip.
You don't need an interpretor to read it now. Its included with the program itself. You can download it to countdown with me =D (and remind me how much closer I am to salvation with each passing day) Its for 080210 only, mind you. so add in your days manually if you are on the 9th, or on the 10th.
Been enjoying some good food with the peeps lately. Tried out this restaurant at Central @ Clarke Quay a few weeks ago. The place is hidden in a corner of the shopping centre. Took us 15 minutes to find the place. The restaurant is called MA MAISON. 3rd floor. In a corner. Sign is green in color. So sorry, got no photos =/ The place sells Japanese Western food. I ordered this beef omelette rice meal and it came with clam chowder soup and a hot drink. The soup was one of the best I have tried(definitely pwnx Pizza Hut) and the omelette literally melted in my mouth. Its a wonder how they cooked that. Prices are at around $20++ per pax if I remember it right. Definitely worth a visit.
Also went to eat at Waraku @ Marina Square on the same day. The food was great, and so was dessert. Tried out a dish that included cold soba noodles with heated sushi. A mixture of hot and cold. Haha. The noodles were damn good when it was cold. Had cheesecake after that. It was so hard, I had to use all my strength to cut it. It tasted great though. Mayb I should have given it more time to thaw. Lol.
Too bad there aren't any photos. The food looked as good as it tasted but I don't have the habit of bringing a camera out with me, nor do I bring out a camera phone. And the same goes for the peeps lol. Heck, its troublesome to swap phones when you are serving the nation.
Talking about serving the nation, my sis mentioned this recently that I found to be utmost true. She quoted an msn nick from one of her contacts: "Serving the ungrateful". I totally agree with that. If you don't know who the 'ungrateful' refers to, make a guess. Its you people who aren't in the army. Goodness, just take a look at STOMP to see all the ungrateful people. They complain and take photos about soldiers eating in trains, sleeping in trains, listening to music in trains like its a capital offence. Seriously. Do they think about the people patrolling the grounds at night while they sleep comfortably in their beds at 3am? If these people were to fall asleep on the train on their way home the very next day, I dare say they deserve the sleep. And for the ungrateful souls taking photos of soldiers sleeping in public transport after your refreshing sleep the previous night, you don't deserve the peace and comfort that the guards maintain every night in Singapore. I don't deny that it will affect the image of a professional organisation, but if noone starts fanning the smoke, there won't be no fire right?
Off to sleep now. I got to be up by 6am tomorrow morning. Don't want to be so tired that I become the next soldier caught sleeping in public transport. I don't feel like giving people an opportunity to be ungrateful eh ;)
Oh by the way, I caught Up in 3D. The best part of it was
ONLY the first 10 minutes of the show and 1 part when a rotor blade flew out of the screen. Please save your $13 and do not watch the show in 3D unless you have much cash to spare. In fact, don't even bother to watch it if you don't feel like spending $7.50. I think I TOTALLY wasted $13. Wooo!
My mind's unweaving/ 11:59 PM