Thursday, January 01, 2009
Goodbye 2008! Come 2009 the first thing I thought of (or rather many people reminded me of) was: What are my 2009 new year resolutions?
But before that, backtrack a bit. Did I fulfil my 2008 new year resolutions?
I went to take a look at my blog entries in January 2008. There was only one blog entry and it was posted on the 20th of January. Oh my god. That means I did not make any new year resolutions or I didn't note down my new year resolutions for year 2008 in any form!
So forget 2008. Let's throw it out of the window.
Yep. There it goes falling 10 stories out of mine.
And sooo... back to year 2009!
This year may be different, but my aspirations are not much different from the past few years.
I resolve to:
Study hard!!!This is important!!! I have been procastinating over studying some basics for my university course for a very very long time! First I told myself after I leave BMT I will study. Then it was SISPEC. Then I told myself trainees didn't have much time so I will start studying after I pass out of trainee life. But its been 2 months since I became a specialist and I haven't gone down to some serious studying yet. Ahhh. This cannot be the case! I must study!!!
Stay safe throughout the year!National Service is never a safe vocation and never has been. After witnessing so many incidents for the past 9 months, I have lost faith in the safety of the system. My only resort left is to pray hard that everyone will all ORD in one piece and of course to look out for the safety of others.
Stay healthy!I am going to try hard for this. I have been coughing continuously for the past 2.5 months now. Never recovered, never thought I would. But I can't deny the importance of health so I will watch my habits (such as blogging at 2.45am) and do away with unhealthy habits!
That's my main 3 new year resolutions for the year 2009.
I hope 2009 will be an enjoyable year ahead, hopefully with less natural disasters, riots, political conflicts and a bullish economy.
To everyone I know and care for:
STAY HAPPY, STAY HEALTHY, STAY SAFE! DUN FORGET TO START WRITING 09 INSTEAD OF 08! ;)
My mind's unweaving/ 2:04 AM