Friday, January 09, 2009
Its been a very tough week. I haven't had a week like this since my BPCC days. My aching muscles and back can seriously account for that.
Its back to the days of component training again! Training, equipment maintenance till 2am, sleep, wake at 5am, continue training, rinse and repeat.
I am going to have another component training in February. Dreading it already.
Then Thursday my camp had a Green Campaign Day. It would have made sense if not for the senseless activities planned for the day. I thought the talk and lecture was reasonable, but spring cleaning wasn't. Neither was the massive effort for a beach clean-up which I didn't see the person initiating it on the ground helping out.
It was super tiring for the people on the ground - us - to launch the heavy equipment(total weight adds up in tonnes) needed manually and of course to do the maintenance on the equipment after that.
The effort just wasn't worth it, in my opinion, considering the result of the whole event.
The talk on the other hand, was ok but it would have been better if the speaker hadn't called Al Gore a presidency-wanna-be(he lost the presidency to George Bush) and made him out to be a guy using the environment to win Oscars.
Mind you, Al Gore doesn't wan to run for president and his effort to save the environment is definitely more than what you can do in your lifetime.
And my weekend ends off with a COS duty on Saturday. What a weekend.
I still got to return to camp to perform my COS. Taking a mini break at home now.
Hopefully next week will be better.
I am losing it again...
My mind's unweaving/ 10:37 PM