<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
My UIP is nearly over. Just 3 days left. Things are still as lull as ever.
Its lucky that I could get nights off tonight after just 2 days spent back in camp.
I took the opportunity to go home for a bath(baths are da best at home) and to R&R for a while.

On the way back, I took bus 39 which was so full I had to stand just inside of the door. Initially, I didn't think much but as the bus reached Kathib MRT, I began to wonder if I was sufficiently inside of the bus such that the door wouldn't hit me as it opened. I tried to shift further in but as far as I could go, I was still on the last step of the bus.

Alas, the driver didn't check if I was clear before he hit the button to open the door. The door on the right caught my foot and trapped me right there before I could pull myself free. Lucky for me, the motor didn't force the door open completely and instead only exerted a limited amount of force which saved my foot though I can't deny the pain that was cutting into my left foot.
I tried to budge my feet but it only got me into a more uncomfortable(and painful) position.
It felt like a moment of eternity being trapped there like that. I was wondering what would happen to me if the mechanism could not close the door when it was not opened completely in the first place, while trying to alert the driver at the same time.

Thankfully, the mechanism worked otherwise and the driver freed my foot after what seemed like a long time. The other passengers were already unboarding the bus which gave me enough space this time. Wonder why they don't think why a door is like stuck half open?

I just left the bus quickly and dragged myself towards the MRT. It was after all, my fault that I had to squeeze up the overcrowded bus.

Oh well. This is just one of the unfortunate incidents that happen daily.

There's been lots of PT in camp lately. Did speed training today. Last I did that was way back in SISPEC. We go running almost everyday now. It feels so different compared to last time. My 3km run last Friday was my first run in 2 months!

Haha. Time to build up my fitness all over again.

Been feeling very tired lately though. I haven't been sleeping well since I entered NS.
When I sleep at home, it feels like I slept only a few hours when I wake up.
But in camp, I wake up and feel like someone just gave a sledgehammer blow to my head. Its the ultimate feeling of concussion.
Sigh. Can't be helped either. I have to carry on with my duties no matter how tired I feel.

Gotta go relax a while now. Booking in late tonight. Gd nite!

Anw tx.. my PS said he won't touch us during our UIP. So its somewhat a shield for me. Gonna fade in 3 days though. Lol.

My mind's unweaving/ 8:19 PM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012