Sunday, August 10, 2008
The last week has approached. 5 days from now, I will be donning my corporal rank - the fruits of my 8 weeks of hard training in SISPEC.
I strongly believe I will be sent to 1 Guards as a Recce commander after BSLC; they sourced me out and interviewed me for that specific vocation. (On the surface, its an interview, but its more like them coming to inform you that you are in.)
That's unfortunately one of the toughest vocations available in the SAF(after commandoes), which is ironically also the path I set out to simulate a NSF who will suffer throughout his NS life. Lol. Talk about irony.
But I am not depressed or feeling down about it. In fact, I am perfectly fine with going to this vocation. Sure, its tough, but I will gain more exposure and learn more. It is also definitely a much more interesting vocation than being an infantryman. I ain't in the mood to spend my next 1.5 years doing FCO lol.
This week has been a very tiring one. I never thought my morale could go as low as this. It is even lower than the time spent enduring tough training sessions and sleepless nights.
Sigh. I was looking for someone to talk to a few days ago. But it turned out to be a difficult task to find anyone who had the time to spare a chat. Oh well. Its a busy period lately, so I shouldn't bother people anyway.
- Warning: Spoiler alert!-
Watched Money Not Enough 2 with the peeps today. It was a show mixed with opinions, teachings, suggestions, and lots of advertisements. But one part that caught me was the way the brothers managed their ailing mother.
It reminded me a lot of my grandmother when her health was going downhill. Her sons and daughters also came together to decide what to do with her. They initially went for the idea of hiring a maid, and they even thought of sending my grandmother to a nursing home, but eventually it was my mom that volunteered to take care of my grandmother till the end. She took no-pay leave, and stayed at my grandmother's side till she passed away.
I am very proud of my mom - its not an easy task to take care of a patient. Her patience and love for her mother was reflected through the sleepless nights she spent everyday taking care of my grandmother.
After seeing how the brothers in the movie managed their mother, I finally understood how much my mom must have gone through during that period of time. It was very touching indeed. I really hope all the sons and daughters in the world can take good care of their parents and never ever send them away to be taken care of by others. They will never receive the same care, and they will never be as happy as they were by their own children's side.
- End of Spoiler -
National Day was considerably boring this year. For some reason, I have lost the enthusiasm I used to have while watching the national day parade each year. Maybe its because I am currently serving the nation every single day so I do not think much of the parade. Oh well. Didn't catch the fireworks this year either. I was thinking of buying a camera but I think I changed my mind again. Maybe I will consider it when I got enough cash to spare. Haha. NS pay is so miserable.. Can't afford too many things now.
That's all for this week then. Next week there's just 1 more field camp to go. I think Charlie is like the only company which has field camp on the last week. After that, its 28km and the graduation parade! Woo. POP lo!
My mind's unweaving/ 12:15 AM