Thursday, August 30, 2007
The week hasn't been forgiving.
We had Aces Day and Teachers' Day Celebration on Monday.
Frankly, Aces Day was a total failure on the part of the organising committee.
For one, the student body had no inkling of what was going to happen on that day itself. The least the organising committee could have done was to inform the school how the workout would go about and who would be doing the workout with us.
For another, the Aces Day Workout is called a workout because it is a workout. Why the heck would anyone invite dancers to do the Aces Day Workout? I would say the whole day was more like the Aces Day Dance than the Aces Day Workout. Absolutely ridiculous. I haven't seen penguins doing workouts before this. It was a total waste of 1.25 hours. I boycotted the entire dance.
The people who did the dance with us was from Actfa. I checked their website. Its a dance school. The people probably felt sad that most of the school didn't go along with the workout. But it wasn't their fault, really. I guess the school was so surprised by the programme that noone was in the mood to join in. The organising committee didn't even bother to build up the mood for it either. They left it to the external people entirely. A total failure. 1 point down for the new batch of student councillors.
Prelims have finally begun. The first paper. GP.
It was beyond what I expected. The paper was clearly out to draw blood.
Anyway, I have put the
questions for Paper 1 up. You can take a look if you are interested.
The death pike was the comprehension though.
To quote some lines in the passages:
"Our whole culture and economy is firstly grounded on growth. Our politicians are obsessed with this and regard it as a litmus paper test of the success or failure of political policy. But limitless growth in any system is ultimately untenable."
"Although the argument seems different from that for climate change, the crux of the problem is again the power of intuition and assertion over the rationality of science."
"Because morality is, for all but the most stubbornly impervious to practical evidence, a matter of utilitarian dialectic."
Ah. You get the idea.
Econs is tommorow. I ain't getting my hopes up. Econs has never been my strong subject. I hope for the best.
My mind's unweaving/ 6:52 PM