Monday, August 06, 2007
It was a very very tiring day.
Because of the expected weekend break, lessons for Monday and Tuesday are dragging beyond normal lesson timetables.
I used to dread Monday and Tuesday as the worst days of the week.
It was the ultimate burn-out today though. Extra lessons all the way till 5:35pm, although lessons officially ended at 1:45pm.
The problem with Monday is that the first period is PE, an effective energy-draining period early in the morning. I don't have the habit of sleeping early on Sunday, so it drains my dwindling energy significantly.
After that was a 1-hour break, followed by 4 hours of lessons straight till 1:45pm.
At 1:45pm, after Geography lesson ended, I didn't even get up from my chair.
It sounds quite funny, but the moment the lesson ended, I fell asleep right there. Must have been flaked out.
I did wake 20 minutes later due to a phonecall, at which point I realised that the whole class was missing and the only people left were Zheng Kai and Ms Zhu still discussing a Geography question. Hah. How did I manage that? My brain must have been completely exhausted if I managed to knock out just like that.
Econs was rather interesting though. During the lecture, they gave us some model answers to essay questions, then told us to remove one particular question, and to return it to the teacher. Ironically, that was the model answer for the timed practice we are supposed to take tomorrow. Lol. Gotta study for a tests with 'predicted questions'!
The whole day felt like being semi-comatose. I can't wait for the long weekend to begin. Haha.
I think many of us need the break too. Have fun this weekend!
By the way, I noticed an article in the news today - a follow-up on the rape-kill incident that occured in Iraq last year. The U.S. soldiers responsible were finally sentenced after a period of trials. Even though they really deserved the sentences, I must say it would be pretty difficult for them to complete it. 3 of the soldiers were sentenced 80 years, 90 years, and 110 years in jail respectively.
Whoa. If the third soldier ever made it to the end of his sentence, he would break several world records as the longest person ever in jail and the longest-lived person ever.
But the news article said the soldiers might be able to get off on parole after 10 years. It really defeats the purpose of sentencing them for 280 years among the 3 of them in total, isn't it? But that is rather debatable.
If those convicted were repentant after the 10 years spent behind bars, it would be humane to give them another chance to start anew.
However, if they had remained unchanged for the past 10 years, it would be akin to releasing a threat back into society.
Singapore doesn't practise parole. Isn't that a great incentive not to commit crimes in Singapore? Imagine being sentenced to 110 years in jail in Singapore, and knowing that there will be no chance of getting out. What a bummer, eh?
Replies ~ your tags:
cry(s): Haha. The IDA might just get to me =]
wilson: Ha. Just copy the html code from my source code ba. Its inspirational =)
p0h's|n: I think something's stuck with it. Haha. Will get it changed if I get a chance.
Wakka02: Hello! How's the E65? It will start falling apart in a couple of months. Trust me lol. Ahhh. You should have gotten another phone! Most of the newly released models have the WLan function anyway. Hah. Why never get a PDA phone? =P
Gerald: Lol. I couldn't get it to work again but its hilarious. Lol.
Griffie: Hah. Chain frost needs several 'skilled personnel' de. =P
And Yay! to the new countdown timers.
They run on HTML now. Guaranteed no lag and bound to work =))
One of them is
RED for a reason.
They are the clocks of reality.
My mind's unweaving/ 6:46 PM