Friday, July 27, 2007
This is not criticism. This is value judgement =]
I am just giving my own opinion here.
Around 2 weeks ago, Wendy Cheng(Xia Xue) posted a very controversial post on her blog, naming the top seven most disgusting bloggers in the Singapore blogosphere.
[link]That is, of course, not the very first controversial post, but it sure stirred up a lot of rife among the Singapore bloggers. Well, the famous ones at least.
For example, Steven Lim, who was named as the top most disgusting blogger in Singapore by Wendy, retaliated by hurling abuse at Wendy, or I would say, attempted to hurl abuse at Wendy, in a Youtube video. Honestly, its rather an amusing video. I thought he was more fluent in Hokkien than in English or Chinese. But out of all the Hokkien he used, it was just a string of abuse. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it. It was the worst retaliation I have ever seen. What sort of an insult is 'chicken pie'? Haha. It did have some effect though. The video concreted the evidence that Steven Lim was the most disgusting blogger in Singapore. You can check out his retaliation here. Careful. There's a string of Hokkien abuse at the last 40~30 seconds of the video.
[link] Now, back to Wendy. I don't really frequent this blog, nor do I read it often. Its just that someone mentioned the controversial post and the amusing retaliation, so I thought I might check it out.
Now, I believe many of you have heard of her blog. Xiaxue. The most popular blog in Singapore. Wendy is also the host of 'Girls Out Loud', an English show I have never watched before, never heard anyone talking about before, nor have I seen an advertisement on it before. Weird. I think the show isn't running anymore, though I ain't very sure myself. One can't make sweeping statements.
Now, without digressing, ever since the first time I visited that blog, I have never been very approving of the blog. For one, the blog contains a tonne of expletives. Yea sure, according to a member of the public who wrote into the Strait Times, rude blogs have 'substance', which attracts readers to it.
But hey, there's not really a need to use expletives every few lines you see.
Furthermore, I feel that while she criticises people, she is just being hypocritical. The way she attacks others on her blog frequently about everything that is wrong with them applies to herself too.
But then again, I am not completely biased against Wendy. I applaud her for her blatantly honest blog posts and how she speaks up against everything that is wrong in society, even if the language is over-expressive.
We need more people who speak up against what is wrong than people who praise what is right. Knowing what is wrong can help to correct the problems in a system, and thus people should never hesitate to tell what is wrong.
By the way, I am not using Wendy's name to get something to write. I originally planned to blog about something today, but I shall leave it to tommorow.
Enough of the Singapore blogosphere then.Geography class at 415 was very amusing today. For one, it seemed as if we were in an earthquake, cos the projector screen kept vibrating and there were loud stomping noises coming from the ceiling. Finally, after about 40 minutes of stomping and vibrating, Ms Zhu decided to go up and take a look. Omg.
The people up there had apparently been kicking a paper ball for the last 40 minutes. I am extremely amused. Lol. Life in AJ must be boring.
Alright. I hope you all like my new addition of countdown timers =)
Haha.
Labels: special articles, youtube
My mind's unweaving/ 9:41 PM