<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, May 11, 2007
Went for my NS medical screening today. The only incentive was that I get to miss Friday lessons.
I met up with Zkai and we took a bus down to somewhere near qngwn's house to eat prata.
I ate a cheese prata which I couldn't taste the cheese.
And a plain prata which was well.. plain.
And my fav Milo+Coffee.
And nope. They don't have pok curry =P

After that was a trip over to qngwn's house and a ride in his dad's car down to the Central Manpower Base(CMPB). I only remember it was a very long trip. When I woke up, we were already inside the base and entering the carpark. Whoa. Did I sleep for so long?

The peeps at the CPMB are generally quite friendly people. We were directed to start off with taking our passport photograph. I remember the guy behind us was told to look to the right cos his face was a bit tilted. He twisted his head 90° and caused me to burst out laughing =X
Lol. That wasn't intentional. But the army guy working there didn't make it better. He started saying how only prison inmates took photos while looking perpendicular to the camera. And that it was a passport photo. Noone looks right while taking a passport photo. Lol.
Oh and their passport photo taking equipment is pretty cool. The photo goes directly into the computer and the preview screen is on the computer screen. Quite useful for passport phototaking to me. The photo is auto cropped in the computer and the cropped area is shown before the photo is even taken. The camera is not even a DSLR. Lol.

Straight after that was the blood test station. But before that, the guy at the blood test station told us to take this tab, go into the toilet and urinate on it to check our urine status. After that, we were supposed to show it to him. It was quite funny. Cos the 3 of us stood there for a while wondering what to do. We were told to get moving into the toilet =/

So after that he took this tool thingy and punctured a hole in my finger where he extracted some blood to test something which I got no idea what he was testing. All I can tell was that he was seperating the different components in the blood.
After getting a hole made in my finger, we went on to get a hole made in our arm. Another medical officer took this needle, poked it into my vein and started drawing blood. The ironic thing is that, comparing a thick needle stuck in your arm and a thinner one which poked your finger for 0.5 seconds, I would say the latter hurted more. The needle in the vein? Didnt feel a thing. I didn't even know he had already started drawing blood and was nearly done when he did.
Anyways. He told me he could draw out one more tube for me to bring home as a souvenir. But he didn't have the time for it. Aw man.
Qngwn was just the best. The doc couldn't dig enough blood out of his right vein due to excess er.. substance blocking the way, so he started poking around his left vein. In the end, after much poking, the doctor managed to draw a tube out. Lol. poor qngwn. Zkai's one was fast. The doc said his vein was 'nice and juicy'. Poke. And tt was it.

Hmm. After the blood test was the dental checkup. I was commenting whether we had brushed our teeth while this medical guy walked past us. He said: Its ok. As long as your breath doesnt smell.
Then he walked into the dental room. Lols.

X-Ray was after that.
The guy who examined us looked like Dennis Leong and sounded like Edwin Heng.
He was so funny we couldn't stop laughing lol.
Nothing much about X-Ray anyway. All you gotta do is hug the machine while it photographs your insides =)

Next was Eye check. I don't have to say much about this.
"Read the letters on the 4th line."
"O E G B H".
That's all. Thanks. You can move on.
We have done this since Primary 1.

After that was the Hearing test.
they will close you inside a soundproof room and you have to put on these headphones.
Then they will play different pitches to determine your hearing range.
The soundproof room was deathly quiet.
And the beep from the headphones were super quiet too.
I thought I heard something at first.
Then I realised that was the first beep.
You gotta raise your left hand if u hear a beep in e left and vice versa.
I wonder what will happen if you start raising randomly and waving. The guy might just kick you out =]

Did I miss anything out? Next was the official medical screening. The people in there were real medical officers(the ones outside were low rank NSmen). Those medical officers in there? Lowest rank was about 2LT. And that's a pretty decent officer. But they aren't as nice peeps.
The first one started with: "Read the instructions. Then carry on."
Doh.

ECG came 1st. Electrocardio something. Basically this thing where you lie on a bed and they plug funny equipment and stuffs onto you and measure your heart beat. Its my 3rd time doing it. I did ECG twice last year cos of my chest pains to the left.

Then it was the consultation with the medical officer. Mine had these 3 bars on his shoulder. Captain. Well. Most people have probably heard or knows wad happens in here so I shan't have to elaborate. Basically check your back for problems. Den cough =).

The last station was the most horrible and worst station ever. Its brain-draining, ridiculous and ultimately stupid. It was. An IQ test. It took horrendously long. About nearly 2 hours.
God. I couldn't believe the number of tests I had to do on that computer. It was one after the other.
They tested number patterns, Physics, shapes, perspectives, Maths, English, memory work, understanding, perception, reaction speed, and ended off with a survey. Oh man. Those tests were about 15 minutes each. And I think I might have missed some out. Cos there were just too many.
I can't imagine which person came up with something like this. You can just plainly fall asleep.
I felt like I was doing an exam. And the thing is that the questions were totally placed to test IQ. That is so not easy. And a lot of questions are plain stupid.
Zzz. What a waste of time.

We ate fish and chips at this coffeeshop whose featured dish was fish and chips.
Nothing special. Average only.
Amazingly, there was bus 57 there.
Took it and arrived at City Hall after about 20 minutes, thus proving how far the CMPB is. We even passed by Harbourfront and Vivo.
Took the MRT back to AJ from City Hall.
I still had PS. Rah.
I should have gone home to sleep instead.

Oh btw. I got PES A for my medical screening.
Good or bad? I will leave it up to the unknowns.
Personally, I think its good. But many people are fighting for PES E. Lol.
Its up to one’s opinion I guess.

My mind's unweaving/ 11:02 PM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012