Thursday, May 31, 2007
I went on my manhunt today for a 100GB+ hard drive.
It was getting absolutely necessary, considering my computer have been living on and off less than 500mb of space for the past 2 weeks.
That's a miserable amount of space if you ain't sure how much is 500mb. Anything below 200mb and your computer alarms will start flashing. It comes in the form of a small bubble saying: "Your computer is running low on disc space."
Not much of an alarm, but computers will disfunction when they have too low physical memory to perform their tasks.
So, based on a 2006 bus guide, I took bus 57 down to Sim Lim Square.
I later found out that they changed the bus route for bus 57 after the bus guide was published. Luckily, the bus still went to Sim Lim Square, so I didn't end up in the middle of nowhere in Wonderland.
Sim Lim Square. My 3rd or 4th time there? It's a agglomeration of IT stores selling everything ranging from digital cameras, computers, laptops to video games. Its the world of electronics to some aspect. I remember seeing a massage parlour there. Talk about randomness.
After walking around, I realised that prices were inversely proportional to the storey level in Sim Lim Square. Is it because of the higher rent at lower levels that they had to charge higher prices? As I went higher up, I realised that the prices started falling. So I found my hard drive on the 5th storey. A 160gb one, for $99. I don't really think I necessary got the best deal, but I just wanted to get one and go home. So yep. This's a good enough deal for me. A 3.5" one, weighing a hefty 1kg, and bulky to some extent. But its ok. I am keeping it at home.
I have already used up 14gb of my new hard drive, and at the same time freeing 7gb off my computer. Eh. Where did the 7gb come from? Lol. Let's see. I starting spamming installations. Lol.
In particular, a Matrix PC game: Path of Neo.
Before that, I had been reading reviews for the game. The reviews rated the game badly, crushing it as a waste of time and a pathetic game. After playing it, I thought I couldn't agree better. This was, a classic lousy game. If you want to play it, play your own music. Their background music is monotonous and boring.
But I am curious about the 100 Smith fight. That would have been interesting. And that's all that's giving me an incentive.
Zzz. I just love the quote from one reviewer. "Halfway through I felt like taking the CD and throwing it out of the window".
Oh and I had some random good news today. Singnet just randomly sent a letter notifying that they have just upgraded my internet speed to 1MBPS from 512KBPS.
That's a total surprise. I wonder what Singnet is celebrating. The change was noticable since the clock struck 12. My sudden increase in download speed totally surprised me. Haha. Seems like I can download stuffs at half the time taken now =))
CJC Drama Concert this Friday on the 1st of June. Interested patrons please contact Timothy at 97656585. 1 ticket for $10. 10 tickets for $80. Buy your tickets today!
If you wish to purchase only 5 tickets, please contact me instead. Lol.
Cos I have already booked 5 tickets with 4 other people. I need 5 more to join me to get a discount. Haha. I am on a budget you see =)
My mind's unweaving/ 1:11 AM