Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Our class's SL project was finally held today.
I woke up at 6am after 3.5 hours of sleep >_<
Damn. All Dota's fault.
Then I thought of all the stuff I had to bring to Pasir Ris.
And that I had to change train on the way,
And that I probably had to stand throughout the whole journey.
So I took bus 58 directly to Pasir Ris interchange instead.
I found out later that bus 53 went to our destination directly.
Reached Pasir Ris Mrt 20 min late.
Cos buses generally don't fly from Bishan to Pasir Ris at an amazing speed.
We waited a while for everyone else to turn up and headed over to the home.
Everything went somewhat smoother than I expected.
Although it was kinda obvious that we were ill-prepared.
All that and all the "behind the scenes action" that a minority knew about.
It messed up the SL project badly.
At the end of everything, Mrs Yim asked me what I thought of the SL project as a whole.
I said it was ok. Better than I thought it would go.
She said I had low expectations.
Correction: I had
no expectations.
She said the planning was distinctly done badly.
Correction: There was
no planning.
A planning stage should be done with people. If you infer from the last few SL rehearsals, you can see that the planning stage totally fell through.
So generally I would say more than half the people turned up with no idea what was going to happen.
But probably the only good thing is that we tried our best to adapt to the situation. I can see that.
Regarding the “behind the scenes” issues as Mrs Yim quoted it, if you still don’t know what actually happened; we are in a fix because of it.
I only hope for the better. And I hope they won’t pursue the issue.
As I quote from myself, its all the result of a “communication breakdown”.
Such things are common aren’t they?
Today was a great day.
Too bad it couldn’t seem to stop raining.
Speaking of which, some people’s houses are starting to get flooded.
Oh yes. Don’t worry.
The news said the rain
will stop. On Friday. =))
Isn’t that good news? The rain will stop!
Don’t worry people. The day when my house gets flooded because of water levels is the day when most people aren’t worrying anymore.
I live on the 10th storey. That’s why.
Its important to know how to swim. A river has flooded cos of the rain and has flowed onto the nearby road. The current CAN swim people away.
Its rather unusual for a thunderstorm to be raging for so long though.
But its going away.
Yesterday, after lightning flashed, thunder struck nearly half a second later.
That means the thunderstorm was probably less than 1km from me.
Today, after lightning flashed, thunder struck about 6 seconds later.
That means the thunderstorm is around 6km away.
Its going further and further away.
I hope the rain stops before Fri.
Its getting kinda irritating.
Cool weather is fine. But cold weather is not.
Brrrrr. I can’t go out to buy supper in this storm.
Brb. I am gonna dig out any random food in the cupboard.
All in all, my comments as of above are all based on self-opinion.
You can agree or disagree with them, but you cannot deny that I have these opinions.
I am not discriminating against any individuals. I only wish that the class could have done better as a whole.
My mind's unweaving/ 9:03 PM