Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Hmm the moon is so big and bright tonight.
Wonder if it will be as big and bright tommorow night.
There will be a lunar eclipse fully visible from Singapore tommorow night =)
I was wondering..
If a solar eclipse occurs when the moon is blocking the sun,
what is blocking the moon when a lunar eclipse occurs?
Now I know the answer liao.
Its the Earth.
Aiyo. Cannot be UFO wad.
A solar eclipse is only visible from few countries as the moon is so small.
How to block the sun from everyone?
However, half the globe will be able to see a lunar eclipse.
Cos of the same reason.
The moon so small.
How to not block it from the sun?
The lunar eclipse will begin at 12:42am, on 8 September.
That means it will occur on Thursday night, Friday morning.
This will also be the last lunar eclipse of the year.
The eclipse will be at its greatest at 2:51am.
And it will end at 5:00am.
And here's a quick faq which I came up with:
Where can I go to watch a lunar eclipse?
Anywhere. As long as you can see the moon.I don't want to spend 4 hours of sleep watching the moon. I rather be sleeping.
You could wake up at 2:40am and watch it till 3:00am where the eclipse is at its greatest range.What's so interesting about watching the moon disappear and reappear again?
The moon will not disappear. In fact, it will take on various shades of yellow, orange and red. The reason for this is because during a lunar eclipse, the moon is illuminated by sunlight that has been filtered and refracted by the Earth's atmosphere. Since the Earth's atmosphere absorbs blue light(also the reason why the sky is blue), the moon takes on various shades of yellow, orange and red.How often do eclipses occur?
About 4~5 a year. 2~3 lunar and 2~3 solar eclipses.Where did my information come from?
NASA Eclipse Home Page - http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/image1/LE2006Sep07-Fig4.GIF"What causes a lunar eclipse" by MSNBC- http://www.msnbc.com/news/wld/graphics/lunar_eclipse_dw.htmClubSnap Forums - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=217475Labels: special articles
My mind's unweaving/ 11:22 PM