Monday, September 04, 2006
Met up with Douglas, Joey and Chris today for my 3rd day of mugging.
Heh. It was a total failure for me.
I guess my attention level is inversely proportional to the amount of hours I spend on mugging.
Spent most of the time skiving around.
Aiya! That's a lot of sin points. Must make up for it already.
Did a few questions on Physics. That's all.
Spent some time hanging around at Bishan library.
We all ended the study group after that.
Only Joey and Chris really studied a bit.
Douglas and I was exploring this nice game Chris had on his phone :)
Met up with Ken for dinner.
I ordered a "Teriyaki" burger but the person gave me a "Yakiniku rice burger instead"
I think all she heard was "yaki" and noted down the wrong order.
Lol.
Went for tuition.
Gravitation is still "??????" to me.
Started on Thermal Physics today.
At least I know sth abt dat.
He explained the answer to a familiar question today. And it makes sense.
Why is it that 100°C of steam is much more dangerous than 100°C of water?I am too lazy to write the answer out though =P
If you don't believe that its more dangerous, try pouring boiling water on your skin, then put ur hand above steam gushing out from a rice cooker or boiler.
In the former, your skin will suffer a 1-degree or 2-degree burn.
In the latter, your skin will peel off instantly.
Something was happening at Junction 8 today.
No idea what happened though.
When I reached J8 after tuition at around 9:40pm, I noticed 2 police vans parked outside the Mrt.
Thought that someone jumped onto the track again. But there was no ambulance, so I ruled that possibility out.
Walked to J8 and immediately I noticed what was going on.
There were red beret commandos armed with rifles covering the exits of J8.
Wah. Suddenly the atmosphere was super tense there.
Either something really happened there or they were just doing a mini patrol and surveillance in J8.
But its super weird to see so many special police units patrolling J8 so late.
Their rifles didn't look like plastic guns to me either =/
They weren't there when I left from there for tuition at 7pm.
Anyway. It doesn't matter much. As long as noone plants a bomb there and blows the place up.
J8 may be boring. But its still a nice place anyway.
Oh yes and I solved the mystery of a sudden rush in my blog hits lately.
I dunno how many people have heard of this liblogarian before, but the blog's at
http://ramblinglibrarian.blogspot.comApparently this liblogarian(hw do u pronounce this?") was searching technorati to see who was blogging abt Bishan library.
I happened to be mentioned as "This student planned to
study at BICL".
Hehs.
My mind's unweaving/ 10:39 PM