Thursday, September 21, 2006
No. 1 in the world. Tsk.
Behind that screen, the 'number one' country in the world is bound to lose its status soon.
We watched a video during GP today.
It told us of America's current situation.
Can you believe that 1/3 of the students in the USA drop out every year while 1/3 of them are not prepared properly for college?
That is to say, 1 student in the USA drops out of school every 9 seconds. And only 34% of the students can make it TO college.
I ain't talking about those who drop out after some time in college.
That's the standard of the no.1 country in the world?
An education system that has never changed since 1959?
Call it traditional, but face it.
This IS 2006.
The facts are right.
Schools which are more capable of providing students with resources tend to produce better students.
AJ is currently ranked 6th in sg.
but we are a far distance away from the 5th place.
an extremely far distance.
i begin to think that we are labelled as muggers because we study so hard to make up for the lack of resources so that AJ can still be considered as a 'decent' sch.
The environment matters.
And the teachers matters.
If we have teachers that teach 3 pages an hour, I ain't surprised if our results turn out with a 79% failure rate.
Can a turtle teach the hare to run?
Definitely not.
As a result, the hare has to read his own manual.
And manuals are different from teachers.
yet some teachers are..
I dun deny we have gd teachers.
Mrs Low is a gd teacher.
Yan lao shi is also a gd teacher.
Maybe I will see some more gd teachers in the near future.
But as of now.
There's nothing more I need to say.
"I ticked off 'Very bad' for a certain lecturer during the midyear survey. I had to learn
P&C on my own then. Now I can't wait for the year end
physics survey."
My mind's unweaving/ 11:20 PM