Saturday, August 19, 2006
Wad a long day.. Been working for 7.5 hours straight.
Went to cover the Singapore Special Olympics today.
Its held once every 4 years. And AJ hosted it this year =o
Now I know why it's called the special olympics.
Its becos the participants are special.
They are intellectually less capable people in the society.
And they have special needs and attention.
Anyway it was 7 hours spent under the hot sun.
Taking photos here and there.
Oh yes.
I did a favour for Jin Hao today. (I wonder how many pple know who this is)
Dun be surprised if you see him extremely happy today XD
At the end of 7 hours, all of us had nearly collapsed.
We got the group photo done and left asap.
I was feeling super exhausted from going back and forth.
We happily brought the equipment back to the dark room, unlocked the door, opened it and triggered the alarm.
Of cos we didn't know that we had triggered it.
It was a silent alarm.
And of cos we didn't know that they activated the alarm on the door or we wouldn't have opened it.
Me and Spencer were doing up the boards for the exhibition when the security guard approached us.
And we got a lecture for opening the door after the alarm had been activated.
A long lecture.
Apparently he called the police after that or something to say that it was a false alarm.
Anyway how were we supposed to know that the alarm would activate at that time?
So we had no choice but to leave the school.
Met Mr Lim Kok Wee at the gate.
He was driving out so we opened the gate for him (how helpful).
Den he got out of his car.
I was wondering what was wrong.
And he started talking abt the alarm again.
Wah Lau.
Spare us can?
This is so super troublesome.
Oh yes. Did I mention?
The main reason why they were so super concerned about us triggering the alarms was becos if it was a false alarm, the vendor would be fined.
And of cos the school will have to pay it.
Ah yes. That's the reason why.
"The money issue. AGAIN. AS USUAL."
My mind's unweaving/ 4:20 PM