<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Its been the 2nd day.
I am slowly picking up the pieces.
Hoping to pick myself back up again.
But I know how fragile it is
It could easily shatter to a zillion pieces again

It was a long night.
I am starting to understand how someone felt.
The sense of helplessness. Wanting someone to be beside me.
An aimless wander. Not knowing what to do.
Not thinking of the consequences.
Feeling devastated.

On the other hand, the perspective of the one worrying.
Worrying for the person.
Afraid that the person might do the wrong things.
Wanting to find that person.
To bring that person back.
Or to just be with that person to ensure the safety of that person.

I have been through both perspectives.
How ironic.
I have seen such stuffs happening on TV one too many times.
Yet I find it happening to me.
Like a dream.
Yet so real.

Should I laugh? Should I cry?
My life will never be the same again.
There's no such thing as a simplistic life.
The simple life which I have longed for.
Soon I come to realise how impossible it is.
Fate will always work itself against you.
And somehow I always fall a victim to fate
Never to turn my destiny back again.

Sometimes I envy the life of people in poorer countries.
They may be poorer, their life is a routine.
But at least they don't have to suffer mentally.
Because their life has become so simple that they barely have to think.
And it is so simple that they can avoid all the stress people in developed societies are going through.

So what if I have a higher standard of living?
Do I get a better life?

And so my life is so complicated now.
All I can do is declare: Life sux.

And that's all I can do.
For I know if I try to push against fate, I get pushed back harder.

And I wonder. How is it possible that the more you aim for something, the further away it gets?

I tell people not to do anything foolish no matter how depressed they are.
But I wonder if I can practise what I preach.
When I am in their shoes, I realise how easy it is to forget all the advices that everyone has given previously.

Yet I will take in anything said to me when I am feeling down.
All the rational stuff. The irrational stuff. It pushes me forward.
The correct way? The wrong way?
I have gone down both paths.
And I am glad I found the right path in the end.
But as I moved down the wrong path, I had already done damages which are irreversible.
And I have to live with it.
To bear the consequences which I have never thought of.
When one gets irrational, there are so many things one will do which even oneself will never ever expect.


"And yet I still long for that simple life that will never come..."

My mind's unweaving/ 7:47 PM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012