Saturday, July 01, 2006
Today was CHS's homecoming day.
Terr woke me up at 10:20.
Someone made a decision to meet earlier at 10:30.
Right. I am so gonna teleport out of bed and reach sch at 10:30.
We decided to meet at 10:45 instead.
I reached CHS at 11 anyway.
I saw something surprising today.
Mr Lee actually did it.
What he said last year.
He really convinced whoever's in charge to build a walkway from the bus stop to the school gate.
Wow. That's quite some distance you know.
I am kinda surprised.
My 1st impression when I walked into school was... is that everyone?
Cos there were very few people in sight considering this was an annual fair.
Turns out the main area of activity was at the plaza area.
Omg. I saw Mrs Low there. You know the AJ Econs teacher?
Yea she went.
Looked around the school. Its so different now.. haix. Sure miss this place.
The poster which Mr Lee put up as inspiration for the Sec 4s were still there.
It showed the average L1R5 of the school over the past few years.
2002: 12.8
2003: 11.6
2004: 10.8
2005: 10.2
Where's "2006: 14.8" ?
Lol.
It was mostly CHS students/ex-students wandering around the place.
Well it was homecoming anyway.
For us old boys to come home.
I visited the statue garden based on the reliable info I received.
It was at the location which I was tipped off about.
It perfectly proved how much money LHB had to spend.
And he sure couldn't think of a better way to spend it eg. Provide money for printing fees.
Instead all the money converted to these stone statues of CHS students varying of different heights looking like they were in a race.
Its a biased statue garden.
There were 5 statues with "Edward" on their shirt.
One said "Catholic High School"
Two said "Philippe"
Only one said "Joseph"
And only one said "Noel"
10 statues in total.
They are so biased towards Edward house.
I got Tx to help me take some pictures of different statues around CHS.
I will put it up next time. When he's done sending it to me.
They got this new huge statue at the plaza.
And a couple more on the other side of the plaza.
Mr Lee sure loves statues.
I met Terr, Tx and Tim there. Douglas came a while later.
The lan shop they set up in school was boring and expensive.
So we decided that we will go to a proper and cheaper one at Dhoby Ghaut.
Before that, we met Mr Heng who kindly told us that he was to be dunked at 1pm.
And they were still raising funds.
So we pledged the rest of our coupons to the "Dunk Mr Heng fund"
Mr Heng told us to go stand in a row, grab a ball each, and throw it at the target for the dunking machine and shout: That's for the test! That's for that long essay you gave us! That's for the scolding!"
We left early. Never saw him get dunked.
O ya I heard Tay Ping Hui came to support us too.
He was apparently playing basketball in the hall.
Sadly, I went there a few minutes too late.
It would have been interesting to watch him playing bball.
He's an old boy too I think.
Somehow today's gathering had become a gathering of the herd.
Too bad Zkai and Chris were at choir.. we could have had a fuller gathering.
Ah Dhoby Ghaut. I sure miss that place.
We spent around 3 hours playing lan.
Tx, Tim and Doug had to go at 5pm.
Aww it was still daylight.
Its still early.
We were waiting for the Mrt when Terr reminded me that we wanted to play pool just now.
Ok. Pool it is then. I don't want to go home this early.
Hah. So we walked all the way back to Paradiz Centre for pool.
Played for about 2 hours.
Someone called me while I was playing pool.
1st, I got someone claiming to be from my class last year.
Calls himself Timothy Ang. Who the heck is that?
Next he passed the phone to Nelson Tan. Wow. Do I know anyone by that name?
Next, Jason Ang apparently from the same class wanted to talk to me too.
The only Jason Ang I know is currently in Guangyang now. Thx ar.
Please. If you have something better to do, don't prank call me.
I heard a lot of laughter in the background. I ain't impressed.
Me and Terr went to eat dinner at Plaza Singapura.
Another long walk back to Dhoby Ghaut mrt.
We were deciding where to eat when we met Geng Liang and Kah Hwee together with their frens.
Walked a few more steps and we met another group of AJ pple.
Seems like PS is a popular spot for AJ pple.
Terr and I pondered over an interesting qn.
Wad do gals associate the term "Dhoby Ghaut" with?
Guys associate that term with "lan".
Lol.
I reached home at around 9:20pm
Yup. The best outing in ages.
Goes out when the sun is bright in the sky, reach home when the sun has set.
Someone was telling me about this relationship thingy going on.
I didn't mention the name for privacy purposes =)
Anyway apparently it goes like this.
A likes B from another class. B likes C who likes D, who is in A's class.
Makes me wonder why relationships cant be like:
A likes B. B likes A. Fullstop. No more.
I guess something like that never do exists.
Nvm then.
"Why must everything be so complicated? Isn't there anything such as a simple relationship?"
My mind's unweaving/ 9:51 PM