<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, July 16, 2006
After all, the main purpose of making a blog is to express your thoughts.
So I figured there's not much point in writing so much about my daily events.
I will cut down on that.

I did a friendship test recently. This is the results I got:


Camaraderie is your specialty, and you tend to keep your pals at the very top of your priority list. When a friend is in need, whether for emotional support, a financial boost, or a simple helping hand, they can count on you to come through. You give the very best of yourself, and will actually put your own desires (and sometimes needs) on hold for the sake of a pal's happiness. Your friends surely appreciate your self-sacrificing nature and probably sing your praises. While it's wonderful to show such intense dedication, however, there could be some negative consequences to your high level of commitment; do you ever feel, for example, that you are giving much more than others give in return, or that you are being taken advantage of? While most people see the value of such a fab friend, there are also folks who will milk your generosity for all its worth - not always out of maliciousness, but sometimes because it's just too easy. There is also the danger of developing bitter feelings when you give up your own wants for those of others - a true friend, in fact, will not expect you to drop everything for them in every situation, and will surely respect your decision to put yourself first from time to time.

*Camaraderie is the quality of affording easy familiarity and sociability


Yes, how true. It is just like me to place my friends before myself. Something I have always been doing so unconsciously that I have never thought much about it.
"You give the very best of yourself, and will actually put your own desires (and sometimes needs) on hold for the sake of a pal's happiness."
Yes, now that I look back, I have actually done it. Once? Twice? No, actually I don't know. I have already lost count because I never did count in the 1st place.

The 2nd part of this friendship test warns me that I might be made use of just because its too easy to get help from me.
And I wonder. I give and give and give, but when I try to take, is it easy?
Am I able to give and take at the same time? Or do I give but cannot take?
I don't know. I have never thought of this before.

Reading Jewel's blog, I realise how right she is.
There are many people in the class who appear to be cheerful on the surface, but yet they aren't deep down. But can you tell who is truly cheerful and who isn't?
I admit I am not cheerful deep down.
Perhaps I am not the only one.
I never did feel any warmth in CHS.
I still don't feel any warmth in AJ.
Maybe I am already used to it.
It doesn't matter if I continue freezing for another 2 years anyway.
I am used to the cold.
Many a times in school, I realise that I got noone to talk to.

I really wish to have someone whom I can go to when I am down.
Who will listen to me talk.
Who will support me.
Who doesn't want such a person?
All this however, depends if such a person exists or not.
Perhaps.
Perhaps not.

The only time I have felt warmth was in primary school. I was happiest then.
But its different now.
Time flies, and it will never turn back.
And yet life must go on, no matter how cold and how tormenting it is.
And such is the way life is.



Here's the friendship test which I took:


Your friend is telling you about his/her latest relationship failure. Do you:
1 Listen carefully and make sure that you have advice ready
2 Listen to your friend but feel bored
3 Tell your friend that you are tired of hearing about the same old things


You just got an A+ in your last essay. Your best friend got a C-. What do you do?
1 Tell your friend about your grade, but emphasize the time you got an F in physics and your friend got an A
2 Talk about your A, and tease your friend a little
3 Laugh at your friend and comment on her blonde hair


You are going to a party together with your best friend. Your friend is a bit late and you end up missing the last train. What do you do?
1 Demand that your friend pays for the cab
2 Get a bit agitated but share the cab fare
3 Go home and hang out instead


Your friend tells you a secret, can you keep it?
1 Sure, I never spill my guts
2 I must tell. I just can't help myself
3 I try to, but sometimes I slip


You have promised to help your friend move Friday evening. Just when you are about to leave, the telephone rings. One of your other friends calls to invite you to a party that same evening. What do you do?
1 I go to the party. Only geeks stay home on Friday night
2 Of course I don't go to the party.
3 I call my friend, and ask him to go with me to the party. We can move his stuff on Saturday


You go to Burger King with some of your friends. You notice that one of your friends have some lettuce stuck in his teeth. Your other friends start giggling. What do you do?
1 I giggle a little, but tell my friend to remove the lettuce after a while
2 I join the fun. There is nothing better than making fun of other people
3 I tell my friends to stop giggling and start acting like real friends


You drop by your friend's house. As you arrive, your friend's mom is about to leave. She drops $20 dollars in the driveway. What do you do?
1 I wait till she's gone and then take a look around. When no one's looking, I pick up the $20 bill
2 I pick up the money, after she has left. Think about it for a minute, feel bad, and give the $20 bill to my friend
3 I quickly pick up the $20 bill and run after her to give her the money back


You have teamed up with one of your friends. You are presenting the findings from your semester project to the class. You spent many evenings preparing for this presentation, but your friend continues to make mistakes. What do you do?
1 You put on your best overbearing smile. After all it is just a grade, right? Friendship is more important than Yale.
2 You roll your eyes while thinking "klutz" before taking over in your usual arrogant fashion.
3 You smile to your friend rendering all the mental support you can. Afterwards you talk to her about her performance in private.



Tell me your choices in order on Msn or email it to laixinchu@gmail.com
I will send you your test results.

My mind's unweaving/ 1:22 PM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012