Sunday, May 28, 2006
Omg sia.
today woke up thinking it was a nice bright morning.
Looked at the clock.
15:08.
ok I must be still dreaming...looked again
it IS 3pm!
wth i only slept at 1am last night lor
usually i sleep at 3am and wake up at 1pm
wah i slept for 15 hours!
ok so i lost the whole morning and half the afternoon to sleep.
haha nvm i feel so refreshed now
its a new day!
ate breakfast/lunch
my dad said he bought it for me 5 hours ago.
Hahahaha
suddenly decided to get down to project work research
surfed online for a while and realised that the information online was very limited
So i went to the library.
Hmmm havent been to the library for years. yes YEARS.
ok so I began wondering if i could even borrow books in the 1st place
went to check my I.C. card on the machine
What I got was:
Invalid ID.
Record not found.
dots. I am non-existent after all?
I checked with the counter. The staff there told me that my ID had been blocked in 1999 cos I lost my I.D. card then so they blocked it to protect any abuse of my ID
ok so that's ummm 7 years ago.
Maybe its a bit late to find out 7 years later but at least I know it now =)
The bad thing about this is probably that i cant use my own ID freely =(
hmm i got a new library card cos i cant borrow with my IC.
the $5 charge emptied my cash card haha. and i cant top it up without a Nets card.
Ok I am getting a Nets card tmr. That will be gd enuff to solve my problems.
the staff unblocked my ID for me so i could make a new library card
then they blocked it again.
Spent 5 min finding the books cos I already did my research before coming.
Knew exactly where to look for the books
AMK library hasnt changed much after so many years
I am waiting for them to finish building the Bishan library
then i will have a library within 5 min of me =)
and Bishan library is big! bigger than the AMK one
and its a few storeys high!
its shld be done in July this year. I think.
"What if one day you found out you didn't exist in the database and was thrown out of Singapore as an illegal immigrant?"
My mind's unweaving/ 6:23 PM