<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/21384308?origin\x3dhttp://luke281913.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, May 26, 2006
Alright Tian Xiang tagged me so I will do him a favour by doing this for him.

Ten random facts about me:

1. I live my life simply.
My blogskin reflects myself. Simple. At first many people told me that this blogskin doesn't suit me at all when i first started using it. I was told that my characteristic wasn't like that. I didn't mention this then but all I can say now is that I chose this blogskin the 1st time i set my eyes on it. Thus, simplicity is what is true inside me.

2. I love my friends.
For a long period of time, I didn't see my parents often. Thus, I grew closely bonded to my friends. Its still the same today, where friends are part of my life. Losing a friend is like losing a part of myself, gaining a friend is like discovering new strength. To me, friends are extremely important.

3. I might not be what everyone sees.
Sad to say, I have constantly been shielding my true thoughts and emotions with an image, an image which I have tried to remove multiple times but failed. If you can sense that I am giving off fake laughter or showing fake smiles, I am probably sad. If I look sad, I am probably devastated. Honestly, I haven't been truly happy for some time...

4. My character has changed a lot since I stepped into JC life.
Since I entered JC life, I have let my true self free. My character today is a sharp contrast of what I was in the past. I was forced by circumstances to live behind a mask in secondary school. Believe it or not, I used to be violent, get into fights and was a bad influence. Look at me today, and you will not believe my past. I still remember what my friends who have known me since secondary school told me when they looked at me again after some time in JC. "XC, you sure have changed a lot."

5. I used to be introverted.
I once took a hard blow at the PSLE exams. I don't think anyone really knew this but the main reason why I did not take on any leadership positions nor participate actively in anything in secondary school was because I had been hit hard by my results. At that time, my confidence in myself had totally been shattered and I was going to the extent of giving up on myself. This is quite true as I remember that I had once failed 6 out of 8 subjects in Secondary 1. I don't remember why and how but I did pick myself up again and put in enough effort to promote to Secondary 2. I stayed at the near-bottom of the class for 3 years, keeping myself away from leadership and outcasting myself from everyone except a close circle of friends. Naturally, these friends never did believe that I was introverted then, but I suggest that you all think back. Do you ever remember me going beyond this circle of friends?

6. One of my accomplishments in life was to pull out from my gaming addiction.
I used to be deeply addicted to gaming. Most of my friends from secondary school would agree to this. I didn't do homework, and everyday as I reached home, I would just turn on the computer and play. My parents knew about it, but they could not do anything about it, so they let me be. So, for my introverted life in secondary school, I played almost every computer game I could get my hands on. I exceled at many different games, and was known as a gaming pro, but may I ask this... what use is it to be a gaming pro? My addiction lasted for 4 solid years in secondary school, and all the way till the start of JC life. I wouldn't say my parents didn't bother about me totally, I would have said that they had given up telling me to stop playing. My mom often lectured me, telling me not to play so much, but as soon as she left for work I would be on the computer. Addiction is very terrible, trust me, don't ever let yourself fall into it. I pulled out of my gaming addiction somehow, at the start of my JC life. I can't remember exactly how, and why, but I know that it probably has something to do with the influence I received at that point of time that made me cut down sharply on my gaming. To give statistics on how bad gaming addiction can get, I would say that I used to play at least 6 hours a day up to as high as 15 hours a day. 6 hours a day refer to weekdays, while 15 hours refer to weekends. This means that I had practically spent every second of my time gaming, every day, every week.
How did I get addicted to this gaming then? Actually the answer is quite simple. In secondary school, I naturally had my own troubles. But since I had no real opportunity to have a long chat with my parents, I tended to vent my troubles out on gaming. Slowly, as time passed, I got addicted to gaming. I realised that gaming was the only area where I could get happiness from.
As a result, I was unable to pull myself out. I only sank deeper.
I would also like to tell all the gamers out there that gaming should only be treated as a pasttime, and not part of your life. If you realise that you have become addicted to gaming, force yourself out of it as soon as possible. Don't tell yourself that you can quit easily, because I told myself that for 2 years, and I never did manage to quit. If you want a good way of spending your time, start blogging. It improves your English and helps you in expressing your thoughts. Don't ever get addicted to gaming like I did. You will definitely regret it one day.

7. I live my life by certain principles.
Sounds complicated? Actually it isn't. If you can live your life by principles, positive ones of course, this means that you are a person with backbone. I admit I am not perfect yet, as there are always times where I go against my own principles, though it does not happen often. One principle which I have lived by for some time had been quite beneficial to me in my academic results. Many people said that I was smart, but let me tell you this, I am just the same like all of you. What makes me different from everyone else is the principle I live by with regards to homework. I always make sure that I do my own homework, and I will never copy homework. I will either do my homework myself, or I will not do it at all. This is because copying homework is not beneficial to us, and on the contrary it might even affect us negatively. I know many people reading this has probably done a lot of copying already, and I hope you do not hold a grudge against me for what I am saying. I am the same as all of you, but when I am forced to do my homework, I do it myself, and through that process I learn. I am forced to learn, but at least it is beneficial for me. By copying homework, nothing has been learnt, thus you will have to work harder before exams to grasp the theories that could have better be learnt through homework. On the other hand, I don't have to study as much for I have already understood the theory when I placed it to use in my assignments. I am definitely nowhere smarter than any of you, its just that I have a principle that drives me on.

8. I support freedom of speech.
Yup. Its great to say whatever you want. If you have something you want to say, just say it all out. It doesn't feel good to surpress what you want to say. I know that I am often blunt with my words, and many people have felt offended by what I said. I must apologise for that because I usually blurt things out too quickly before thinking. But hey, freedom of speech rox!

9. I can be serious at times.
Hey I know i am quite crappy but there's a serious side in me too. Usually you can easily tell when I am joking, but when I get serious, I mean everything I say. And when I get serious, I can really get down to work. I still love slacking though.

10. I might get lost in town.
Yea. Orchard Road is like so long and wide. I still haven't memorised the location of every shopping centre in town yet, but I am learning. When I was in seconday school, I didn't even go to town at all. Guys just don't gather to go shopping in town you know... so I first stepped into town during the 1st 3 months. Since then, I have been to town quite a few times. Its quite a nice place to stroll you know. Anyone want to volunteer to go town with me? Then I can start figuring out where each shopping centre is =)

People who are tagged:

1. Joan
2. Mabel
3. Teck Ching
4. Chris
5. Pui Kit

Haha you don't have to write it the way I did. Just state 10 random facts about yourself.
Details are optional.


Opps I think somehow I overdid this tag haha.
Maybe I wrote too much after all.
But its always nice to share my life story and experience with everyone.
If you are reading this now, I congratulate you for reading till the end.
This is the first time ever that I am releasing so much information about my life.
All this is purely non-fiction.
Thanks for reading.

Labels:

My mind's unweaving/ 12:37 AM

Me

xC Lai [luke281913]

Nov 14th

1996-1998: Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (1/6, 2F, 3F)
1999-2001: Nanyang Primary School (4L, 5I, 6I)
2002-2005: Catholic High School (1-3, 2-3, 3-5, 4-5)
2006-2008: Anderson Junior College (13/06, 22/06)
2008-2010: Singapore Armed Forces (BMT Orion, SISPEC Charlie, 35 SCE Bravo Company)
2010-present: Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems)

Loves Blogging/Gaming/Being Happy
Hates mugging/homework(but we don't get a choice do we?)

tagboard

links

Amanda
Bowen
Choon Boon
Chris
Dennis
Douglas
Edwin Heng
Gerald
Guo Wei
Helen
Hin Ho
Hong Yao
Jeremy
Jewel
Jia Min
Joan
Joey
Ken
Kim
Leon
Li Le
Li Rong
Lydia
Mabel
Marvin
Mun Kiat
Patrick
Poh Sin
Pui Kit
Qin Pei
Qing Wen
Roger
Rong Jie
Roy
Rudi
Selina
Shirley
Si Hui
Spencer
Teck Ching
Terrence
Tian Xiang
Timothy
Wee Keong
Wei Lie
Wilson
Yu Hsin
Zheng Kai
Zhi Yu
Zi Tao
13/06!!!
22/06!!!

Links
My Blogthings
My Johari Window
My Feeds

Creative Commons License

memories
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
October 2011
November 2011
October 2012